Exe Sails and Covers can design, supply and fit spray hoods and cockpit enclosures to all types sailing and motor boat. Each hood or enclosure is designed to the customers specifications and is made to measure to each individual boat with given opens on colour, size and style. We can offer a wide range of colour choices at no extra cost.
A well manufactured spray hood can make sailing much more comfortable and provides much needed shelter for the crew in wet weather. It also provides cover allowing the hatch to be left open in the wet or provide shade in the sun and having large windows means minimum view is lost.
A cockpit enclosure extends the use of your cockpit to give you that extra room for entertaining, dining or even sleeping in and ours are designed to zip onto the back of the existing spray hood for easy fitting. We can even offer collapsible frames and a storage bag to keep it all tucked away neatly.
Our spray hood prices include as standard:
- Stainless steel framework (where new frames are required and quoted for)
- stainless steel clamps
- PVC finger stripe
- PVC reinforcement around edges
- Fittings (press studs, lift the dot, turn buttons, eyelets and shock cord)
- Wide range of colours
- Webbing tensioning straps
- Heavy duty stainless steel fittings (on larger hoods)
- Allowances for halyards and sheets.
- Heavy duty fittings
- Stainless steel grab rail
- Flush deck fittings
- Collapsible framework
- Window covers
- Removable/ roll up windows to allow air to flow through while providing shade.
- Roll up straps
- Tidy cover to protect the hood from UV when folded flat.
- Tacking wings
Our Bimini’s are increasing in popularity in the uk every year and rightly so as they not only provide protection from uv rays on a hot sunny day but can also provide shelter from the occasional shower.
Used on both sailing and motor boats (and a few rowing boats) they are easily collapsible and the frames are designed to take up minimal space on the deck, we can provide collapsible frames too!
Our Bimini’s are tailor made to each individual job however we can also supply a “standard size Bimini”
Our Bimini’s come as standard with:
- Stainless steel frames (where new frames are required and quoted for)
- Wide choice of acrylic canvas colours
- Stainless steel clamps
- Tensioning straps
Optional extras are:
- Bimini “boot” to protect the canvas from the elements and greatly extend its lifetime
- Heavy duty stainless steel fittings
- Upgrade to heavier canvas
- Collapsible frames
- Storage bag