Sailmaker , Sail Repairs, Boat Covers and Marine Canvas Work in Topsham, Exeter, Devon.
Combining Modern Technology with Traditional Skill!
Exe Sails – Your Local Sailmaker
Whether it is computer designed and laser cut racing and dinghy sails to traditionally hand manufactured cruising and junk rig sails, we can help you get the sail you want, expertly designed and manufactured to your specifications.
Exe Sails & Covers was formed in August 2013 by Sam Woolner, Mac McDonald, Chris Scanes and Pete Handscomb. Chris has been serving the local and national sailing community for over 40 years and Pete has been making Championship winning dinghy sails for nearly 40 years. Building on over 100 years experience of our team, we pride ourselves on providing a top quality product, at the right price, backed up by excellent customer service and after sales care.
We have a dedicated Canvas department specialising in bespoke canvas work and a wide range of recycled sailcloth and canvas accessories, all of which are manufacture by our expert team in house.
We also supply top quality dinghy covers for all forms of sailing dinghy and a bespoke cover service.
Some of our recent achievements are:
- 2014 Hornet European Champions
- 2014 Wayfarer Europeans 4th
- 2014/2015 Multiple Hornet Open Meeting Winners
- 2015 Hornet Nationals 2/3/5/6/7/10
- 2015 Cherub 97 Rules National Champion
- 2015 Lark Great 8 series 2nd
- 2015 Royal Bombay Yacht Club National Keelboat Championships 1st
- 2016 Cadet Open Meeting winner with #teamspeirs
- 2016 Cadet World Selector Series 2nd Place with #teamspeirs
- 2016 Cadet Worlds Team with #teamspeirs
- 2014/15/16 GP14 Worlds & Nationals Sponsor
- 2014/14/16 Hornet Europeans/Nationals Sponsor
Our services include:
- New Sails
- One Design Sails
- Servicing & Repair
- Washing of Sails & Canvas
- Sprayhoods & Enclosures
- Cockpit & Flybridge Covers
- Bespoke Canvas Work
- Sailcloth Bags & Accessories
- Canvas Bags
- Dinghy Chandlery
- Shade Sails & Awnings
- Sail Covers & Stack Packs
- Dinghy Covers
- Local collection from sailing clubs/marinas.
Our services don’t stop at the marine industry.
We manufacture a wide range of products from awnings for local shops to search and rescue equipment, canvas roofs, outdoor spaces and whatever else our customers dream up.
Sailmaker Exeter, Sail Repairs Exeter, Boat Covers Exeter Marine Canvas Exeter